Bresaola is an air-dried cured and aged beef Salume, obtained from the more valuable cuts of the bovine thigh. Intense and uniform red color, tender and soft with delicate flavor and spiced aroma.
- 98% lean
- Rich in proteins, minerals and vitamins
- No cooking needed, ready to eat
- Long shelf life
- No artificial color or flavoring added
- No water added
- Free range, grass-fed beef
- Free of hormones and growth promotants
- No animal protein in cattle feed
The origins of the Bresaola are very ancient and date back to the time when the alpine populations of the Valtellina and their neighbors from the Swiss region of the Grisons – at the other side of the Bernina mountain range – started looking for a way to preserve the meat all year round.
Together, they developed the traditional system of storing the meat through rubbing, salting and air-drying processes.
The special surroundings of the region, with low temperatures throughout the year and its dry air, made possible to use less salt, therefore obtaining a tender beef with a delicate flavor and aroma